2011年7月12日火曜日

Hello Kitty vs. Minnie Mouse


Japanese women love characters, such as Disney characters, Sanrio characters, and so on. They are very cute, so they receive many people’s love. I think that Minnie Mouse and Hello Kitty are very popular with the Japanese ladies. I will introduce them.

I know many show business people who love Hello Kitty. In Japan, Ayumi Hamasaki (age: 32), Nozomi Tsuji (age: 24) and Momiji Yamamura (age: 50) like Hello Kitty very much. Hello Kitty is popular with Japanese women at any age. In America, Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus like Hello Kitty. Hello Kitty is popular with mainly singers in America. In contrast, I don’t know show business people who love Minnie Mouse. I think people love not so much Minnie Mouse as the whole of the Disney Characters.

We can buy Hello Kitty’s goods or Minnie Mouse’s goods at shops, also we can shop on web sites. Sanrio Web Store has 1953 Hello Kitty’s items, but Disney Web Store has only 176 Minnie Mouse’s items. Minnie Mouse’s goods are pouches, cell-phone straps, bags, towels, stationeries, stuffed toys, and so on. Hello Kitty’s goods are car items, appliances, fashion items, bags, kitchen items, accessories, interior accessories, travel items, and so on. Hello Kitty’s goods have anything, so we can fill the room with Hello Kitty.

There are Tokyo Disney Land (TDL) and Tokyo Disney Sea (TDS) in Japan. We can enjoy attractions, souvenirs, parades. Everyone who lives in Japan has heard of TDL and TDS. They are very popular theme parks and many people visit there every year. In Japan, there are Sanrio theme parks which are Harmony Land (in Oita) and Puro Land (in Tokyo). We can enjoy attractions, souvenirs, parades in common with TDL and TDS. However, they are unknown to many people, because Sanrio characters not involving Hello Kitty are not popular.

Which characters do you like best? I prefer Hello Kitty to Minnie Mouse, because Hello Kitty is a smart dresser and very cute. I think that Hello Kitty is revered around the world for its cuteness. I’m happy because Japanese-born Hello Kitty is popular with not only Japanese but also foreign people.


4 件のコメント:

jh さんのコメント...

Your first line says that "Japanese women love characters." Are there any characters that are loved by men? If yes, what are they? And if no, then why not?

B.B さんのコメント...

To jh
I think Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Stitch (Disney characters) are loved by men. However, I think Sanrio characters are not loved by men, because they are too cute.

sakuramochi さんのコメント...

I also like Hello Kitty.
I didn't know Puro Land! I want to go there. Have you been to Puro Land?:)

B.B さんのコメント...

To sakuramochi
I have never been to Puro land, but my friend gave me Puro land's souvenirs. They are very cute, so I recommend Puro land.